Friday, April 8, 2011

PryME

All praise to Allah..Alhamdulillah.

The only word that I could utter after attending Practical Rheumatology Made Easy Workshop at Renaissance Hotel today.Thank you Allah for giving me chance to upgrade my knowledge regarding joint disease, and their latest practice guidelines in Malaysia.

The programme started at 9 am and finished around 6pm involving 4 speakers who are all physician consultant in rheumatology.Thanks a lot Dr Asmahan, Dr Ainon, Dr Asmah and Dr Haselynn for your fantastic presentation.Now I feel more confident in managing [patient with gouty athritis, rheumatoid athritis, osteoathritis and SLE.Hopefully it will do better to our patients.

# There has been a new criteria to diagnose patient with rheumatoid athritis.Please do search for American Rheumatism (ACR), revised 2010


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 comments:

Calvin Charles said...

Hi, there Doctor. My name is Calvin Charles from Sarawak. I've just finished my Pre-U which is Foundation in Science UiTM and my cgpa is 3.33 and I really intended to get into medicine course. But I think I might not get medicine course in IPTA. Is there any other option doc? Please doctor I need your response. IPTS? I would like to serve to the community especially the dayaks in the rural area. I am not chasing after the title Dr. . No! I want to help and yes be a professional and respected Dayak doctor. :)

Dr Ummu Sulaim, Hospital Raja Perempuan Zainab II said...

Hi, Calvin...Thanks a lot for visiting my site.

Congratulations for your very high motivation ! and certainly your sincere in helping your community.

First of all,never give up..you still get chances to increase your knowledge.When there is a will, there is a way.

I'm so sorry, i'm not very familiar with the IPTS..but you may try anyway, by asking people in ministry or surfing the internet..

But if can, try to avoid IPTS...
Hope you'll be success.

Calvin Charles said...

I'll try and yes, I hope that God will help me. Doctor best tak jadi doctor perubatan? Is it tiring? Can you suggest some of your friends blog perhaps you followed them already... I love to follow them. I followed Dr. Zouldahan blogspot. It is amazing. Well, honestly I did apply in MSU and MAHSA University College for medicine. I know the risks! :( Money is the problem. My parent's can't help much. So I decided to take loan. MARA loan. Nice entry doc. Thank God, I google around and found your blog! Keep in touch, Doc!! I really want to gain knowledge and experience from you! :)

Dr Ummu Sulaim, Hospital Raja Perempuan Zainab II said...

To be a good doctor, not only by gaining knowledge, Calvin...more important is, we need to be a real human who treat patient with heart.

In Islam, we do stress on 'ikhlas', which means that we do all good deeds all for God,whether people appreciate or not, we satisfied and we love to continue doing..

To be honest, of course work as a doctor is tiring,your physical and mental must be prepared to withstand all the obstacles as you go through, but think it positively,God will not burden you with something which you can't bear..

wish you all da best.
# I got some other bloggers, please visit papisma kelantan website

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally - taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.